Though all love originates in God and is for that reason God's own love, yet we are permitted to catch and reflect back that love in such manner that it becomes our love indeed, in much the same way that sunlight reflected from the moon becomes moonlight. - A.W. Tozer

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Working and Waiting


The future draws nearer, as always. (And yet it's always the same distance; funny how that works.) We're filling our last month here in Missouri by working like crazed woodchucks on the house projects. I've been cleaning, packing, and planning. Aaron has finished the deck, the painting and almost all the little projects upstairs. Now all that remains is the basement.

It seems very daunting to me: wiring, drywall, flooring, ceiling, paint. My husband, who is on track to give Bob Vila a real run for his money someday, assures me that it will all be done before we know it, and none of it is as difficult as I make it sound. I can only hope that he's right, and I'm not. Since that's usually the case, there is cause for optimism.

A very sweet couple has expressed interest in purchasing our house, and we are so excited to work with them as we finish these last projects and prepare to head out into the great beyond. The thought of leaving our home in the hands of people who will appreciate it is an amazing blessing, and a huge weight off our shoulders.

I spent the last week measuring every little piece of our new RV when I went to Oklahoma to visit family and help with VBS. I have pictures and dimensions for every cabinet and cubby hole, and am already thinking about what I can cram where. How many pairs of jeans do we each need? How many shoes? Will I be able to fit my crate of curriculum and my box of extra books? What tools can Aaron fit into the space underneath? Where will we hang our bicycles?

These questions will all have answers in the near future (I hope). Until then we continue to work, plan, dream, and sort. Much trash has been disguised as treasure over the last few years, and I have to separate the one from the other. Some things are easy to discard, and others give me pause, but, all in all, it's been an unexpectedly joyful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment