Though all love originates in God and is for that reason God's own love, yet we are permitted to catch and reflect back that love in such manner that it becomes our love indeed, in much the same way that sunlight reflected from the moon becomes moonlight. - A.W. Tozer

Friday, August 29, 2014

The Hands of Jesus - But Ladylike


These hands belong to some of the most amazing women (and one baby boy) on the planet, and the secret is that they're just women. Just moms. Just wives. Just people. They don't pretend to be Superwomen. They would never tell you that they have it all figured out, and everything is easy. But they are amazing, nonetheless.

These are the hands of some of the precious ladies in our homeschool community here in Nevada. Every month we meet together to laugh and cry, to rejoice, pray, and sympathize with each other. We plan field trips together, we share our new curriculum finds, and we ask each other questions about anything and everything.

I wish everyone had a group of people like this that they could turn to for advice and compassion. If we all did, life might not get so overwhelming. This is what communities should be, and used to be at certain places in the space-time continuum. Some of these mothers have 9, 10, or 11 children of their own, some of them have only one or two. They have had vastly different experiences in their lives, yet all come together without judgement or criticism to lift each other up.

The hands in these pictures have hugged, cooked and cleaned, wiped tears, written poetry, bandaged wounds, carried everything under the sun, and even delivered babies. They can accomplish anything, and they made me believe that I could too. There is no job too big for these hands, because each and every one of them is held firmly in the grip of their Savior. There isn't a women in the group who wouldn't tell you that she survives each day because she has a personal relationship with the Creator of the universe.

I will miss these women and all the support they represent. I will miss their encouragement and laughter, and I will miss them when I am afraid, and want to cry on the shoulder of someone else who knows exactly what I'm talking about. They have made me a stronger and more confident mother, and they have taught me more than I could have imagined.

I love you, ladies. You took me in and made me a member of your families in the space of one meeting, and three years later you are still just as wonderful as you were the first time we said, "Hello."

No comments:

Post a Comment